Have i to install drivers?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Muradin001

Have i to install drivers?

Post by Muradin001 »

Hello, i have a Nvidia GeForce g210 so i wanted to know if i should install something.. thanks :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Have i to install drivers?

Post by zerozero »

hi welcome to the forums :D
please open a terminal window and share the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -SGx
nomko

Post by nomko »

Muradin001 wrote:Hello, i have a Nvidia GeForce g210 so i wanted to know if i should install something.. thanks :)
Which version of Mint are you running?
Probably at least you need to install the Proprietary driver for nVidia which can be found in Additional Driver. Normally, Additional driver can be found as a regular menu entry, but under Mint14 (i run Mint14+Cinnamon) the Additional Driver section can be found under Software Sources. So, tell us which version you're running.
Muradin001

Post by Muradin001 »

Code: Select all

System:    Host: luca-iMedia-M3710 Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.7.2) 
           Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce G210] bus-ID: 02:00.0 
           X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) FAILED: nouveau Resolution: 1600x900@59.9hz 
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on NVA8 GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 9.0 Direct Rendering: Yes
And i have http://i48.tinypic.com/dz8lkz.png ,it should be cinnamon
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

ok :D
you have cinnamon 8)
if you follow nomko's steps above you should see nvidia drivers being offered
nomko wrote:but under Mint14 (i run Mint14+Cinnamon) the Additional Driver section can be found under Software Sources.
Muradin001

Post by Muradin001 »

nomko

Post by nomko »

You have to select the top one, the nvidia-current.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”