SOLVED : eally easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fluffypants

SOLVED : eally easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Post by fluffypants »

Couple nights ago I was messing around and RC a random minimized window on my toolbar. Now nothing minimizes to my toolbar.

How can I solve this?

Mint 13 - Cinnamon
Linux hflp 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fluffypants

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Post by fluffypants »

bump

30 people and nobody knows?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

cinnamon settings >> applets >> is cinnamon window list ticked?

also, please share the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -S
furbearingmammal

Post by furbearingmammal »

fluffypants wrote:bump

Your post title doesn't give any information, and your problem sounds like something very unusual.

When you say nothing minimizes to the toolbar anymore... Does it do anything when you hit the minimize button?
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

I think the problem lies in uncomplete information you provided

fluffypants wrote:Couple nights ago I was messing around
What does that mean? Chances are you did something to cause a window to be displayed or not. Without knowing what you did nobody can a solution to your problem.

and RC a random minimized window on my toolbar. Now nothing minimizes to my toolbar.

How can I solve this?

Mint 13 - Cinnamon
Linux hflp 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

RC? Do you mean IRC=If I Recall Correctly? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
fluffypants

Post by fluffypants »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:I think the problem lies in uncomplete information you provided

fluffypants wrote:Couple nights ago I was messing around
What does that mean? Chances are you did something to cause a window to be displayed or not. Without knowing what you did nobody can a solution to your problem.

and RC a random minimized window on my toolbar. Now nothing minimizes to my toolbar.

How can I solve this?

Mint 13 - Cinnamon

RC? Do you mean IRC=If I Recall Correctly? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean.

It helps nobody when you QUOTE what decide is relivent. RC means Right Click .. I'm not sure where you got the IRC from.

I explained quite clearly what I did to leave me in this situation. I right clicked a window that was already minimized selected something and now nothin minimizes to the toolbar.

I can create a video and put it on youtube if your still having problems understanding.
fluffypants

Post by fluffypants »

furbearingmammal wrote:
fluffypants wrote:bump

Your post title doesn't give any information, and your problem sounds like something very unusual.

When you say nothing minimizes to the toolbar anymore... Does it do anything when you hit the minimize button?
No errors, .. nothing is flashing or having issues opening/closing. It kinda just falls into the background I can alt + tab and the window is show and I can pull it up.

Also can't remember when I upgraded to 14 .. but thats not my issue
inxi -S output

Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

have you tried what i suggested here >> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 87#p676574
fluffypants

Post by fluffypants »

zerozero wrote:cinnamon settings >> applets >> is cinnamon window list ticked?

also, please share the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -S
solved with that

Thank you much zerozero!
zerozero

Re: SOLVED : eally easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Post by zerozero »

8) glad you got it sorted

Return to “Beginner Questions”