Video Screen Capture problems - Kazam

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Video Screen Capture problems - Kazam

Postby pjdyns01 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:13 pm

I've been trying to install Kazam Screencaster into Mint13 KDE. Software Manager said it was installed but when I ran it failed to execute. I tried running from a terminal with a similar result, but with this message:

ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/kazam", line 29, in <module>
from gi.repository import Gtk

I then removed the package via Software Manager and tried to install using the terminal and the kazam stable repository, copying and pasting commands found here http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/try-kazam-new-screencasting-application.html but this seemed to install the same version with the same result and (when tried in the terminal) the same error message.

I have other gtk programs working fine, e.g. Grsynch, so am at a loss - and out of my depth - with this one.

Any ideas appreciated as the program seems generally to attract favourable reviews and I have a current need for it or something similar.
pjdyns01
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Video Screen Capture problems - Kazam

Postby grepnix on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm

I managed to get it running by installing gir1.2-wnck-3.0 and its dependencies but it seems a bit flaky.

1) Could only get VP8/WebM working (Countdown doesnt work. Click little red dot in panel to stop)

2) Clicking 'record region' did nothing and neither did encoding as h264/mp4

Trying to encode as h264/mp4 I had to kill the process to get out of it... I installed h264enc which brought in a lot of dependencies but it didnt help. I was able to encode as webM and record my desktop in fullscreen.

There must be some other missing dependencies that I'm missing to be fully functional.

Regards,
Grepnix
grepnix
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE