Good Evening

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TigerMouse9

Good Evening

Post by TigerMouse9 »

Hello everyone, from the famous San Francisco, CA area.

I'm totally new to Linux and just installed Linux Mint 14 Nadia to a couple of old laptops. Depending on how well this system performs and how well my little family access this OS - then I may apply it across the board.

So, the first thing I found out was that my lexmart printer is not compatable with Linux. :(

I have no clue about using the terminal and I plan on expanding my linux knowledge ASAP. Any suggestions for a newbie for linux?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sammiev

Re: Good Evening

Post by sammiev »

Welcome to the Mint forums. :D I found Google works great to fix most problems and a little reading. People here like to help if all else fails.
meteorrock

Post by meteorrock »

How I got started learning about linux is through the XDA developers using android. Android is kind of like linux, but easier and more intuitive. Most of the youngest developers start learning on android and come over to using linux on their workstation or laptop to develop on, like meeee :)

Right now I just built my first kernel module using Linux mint under virtualization with Windows 7 as my host OS.

I got a blog at this link here on some tips on starting to learn commands and using the terminal if you are new to linux at the cyanogenmod nook color forums. Here is the link. http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/5099 ... w-to-code/

Here is a meme just for you.

jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

time to make SEARCH your best friend, most problems already have a fix

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D If you want to learn about the command line, there are good resources for that. An friendly one is Introduction to the Command Line.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”