Think twice before you update server

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Think twice before you update server

Postby lotofag on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 am

Hi, I managed to installed the mint, got it somehow set and was quite happy until a blinking icon caught my eye in the right lower corner. I clicked it and spent hours of update to have the whole system crashed. So beware to update only if you are very familiar with the thing. I ended up with a grub having three separate mint entries [how sweet], Unfortunately, none of them worked. Some trouble with xorg apparently. I ended up in a terminal and mind you I am not very keen on the concept. I guessed that perhaps the AMD/ATI drivers are at fault that I managed to install after lenghthy trying. So I said to myself hey if I have triple entry, let all of them have their driver. I tried to get to the directory but alas. I have a language mutation that used letters in naming the download dictionary apparently unknown to the default terminal window. So unless you feel strong in the terminal install department and like challenges, think twice before updating your system. Like they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it. :roll:
lotofag
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Chat about Linux Mint