wrong IP

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yonnie
Level 3
Level 3

wrong IP

Post by yonnie »

My LM14 Mate 64-bit is mis-behaving. It is ignoring the DHCP from my router and using it's own settings for IP address. It doesn't matter if I set it to static either. After boot-up it just sets itself up as it was before, wrong. Something else too, the DNS server 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 come up. These are OpenDNS, LLC servers according to "who is". I erase these, set DHCP to automatic, re-boot and there you are... back again!

I do not have this issue with the 32-bit version running on another computer on same LAN. Just the 64-bit one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
We are children of children and do as we are shown.
-James Curran
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: wrong IP

Post by xenopeek »

DNS servers are automatically switched to OpenDNS as a fall-back solution. See the blog about 14.1 for info on that: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2234

Is this a install on hardware, or on a virtual machine? Using wired or wireless?
snison

Re: wrong IP

Post by snison »

set your DNS through network manager. It looks like two cables sticking together in the time tray. Right click and edit connections.

Return to “Networking”