Hello from the Motorcity!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Trintisk Sudine

Hello from the Motorcity!

Post by Trintisk Sudine »

Hey everyone.

I recently decided to change from Windows 7 to something else, and decided that Linux Mint would be a solid switch. I'm running on a customized KDE desktop, and would absolutely love to help the development of this awesome OS in anyway that I can.

A little bit about myself

I started working with computers at a younger age, and eventually worked for my older step-brother who had a shop where he did fixes, sales, and builds, I spent many of my teenage summers building computers, and eventually learned how to correct software problems (Viruses, malware, etc, etc) on Windows machines.

I was around 15 - 16 when I first booted up Knopix via disk on one of my older computers, and I found it very confusing, yet enjoyable.

I graduated, and enrolled in community college as a philosophy/religious studies major, and eventually graduated with my general studies degree, and am currently working on my major associates in culinary arts, so that I can pay my way through university and dual major in computer sciences and philosophy with a minor in math. I hope to one day be a Librarian or a health inspector with a degree in science, who knows.

I have knowledge of Ubuntu and Debian, but only enough to where I can install, and get the systems to work for a user, I couldn't do any neat tricks.

As of now I work as a technician for a small repair shop part time doing custom builds, and laptop repair.

While I have very limited ability in programming (Aside from some web development in HTML and some PHP), I'd love to be a part of making Linux Mint a better operating system.

So that is all.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hello from the Motorcity!

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to Linux Mint :D I always build my own PCs and it is a very fun activity. I hope it is still fun when you get paid to do it :wink: There are various ways to get involved with Linux Mint, have look here for some ideas: http://www.linuxmint.com/getinvolved.php
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

another one here who has been stripping and assembling my own machines [from salvaged parts to start with] since the days of the 286

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Welcome to the Mint forums. :D I see you like to play.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
meteorrock

Post by meteorrock »

Hi to you.

AnonKS

Post by AnonKS »