How to copy XFCE panel configs into a MATE account?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimwg

How to copy XFCE panel configs into a MATE account?

Post by jimwg »

Greetings!

Some of our home school students like switching between XFCE and MATE modes for whatever reasons -- long as it keeps them interested in keeping records and studying it's alright with us! One question is that once they've spent time perfectly setting up XFCE panels on a fresh flash drive they have to do it all over again for MATE for the same familiar panel experience. Is there any way to copy XFCE panel configurations to a virgin MATE account?

Thanks for any advice!

Jim in NYC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: How to copy XFCE panel configs into a MATE account?

Post by nomko »

jimwg wrote: Is there any way to copy XFCE panel configurations to a virgin MATE account?
For as far as i know, it is not possible what you're asking. MATE and Xfce are 2 different desktop environments. And therefore the panel configuration are different too. I don't know which panel settings and/or configuration you want to copy, but you won't succeed. The only solution is to configure MATE after the installation.
jimwg

Re: How to copy XFCE panel configs into a MATE account?

Post by jimwg »

nomko wrote:
jimwg wrote: Is there any way to copy XFCE panel configurations to a virgin MATE account?
For as far as i know, it is not possible what you're asking. MATE and Xfce are 2 different desktop environments. And therefore the panel configuration are different too. I don't know which panel settings and/or configuration you want to copy, but you won't succeed. The only solution is to configure MATE after the installation.
That's a shame! Looks like a configuration converter app niche for someone to create! Thanks for the advice!

Jim in NYC

Return to “MATE”