Hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dee.

Hello

Post by dee. »

I'm a guy from Finland (yeah, just like Linus, just saying...) and I just installed Mint a couple of days ago. I love it so far! So fresh and minty. I've been using Linux on my own computers for a couple of years, and I still have an old install of windows XP on one of my computers but I don't use it at all, it just gathers dust on the hard drive. There's just no need, I can do everything I need to do just fine on Linux. I guess I'll delete it if I'm ever short on disk space.

I migrated over from Ubuntu and I like how everything is done in a "smarter" way on Mint, like the user is being considered first instead of the developer's "vision". That's something I appreciate: being user-friendly - not in the sense that your hand is held all the time and all the scary functionality hidden away, but in the sense that you're given the tools you need to configure your system the way YOU need it to be. I also run Lubuntu on my old laptop, I like it too because LXDE is also very flexible and customizable, and gets the job done while being very easy on the CPU resources - it's just too bad they don't do LTS releases though. And for my main desktop I still like to use something a bit more polished.

Anyway, not much more to say here, just came over to say hi.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D And, well, you did raise our expectations a bit with you playing the "I'm from Linus' country" card :wink:
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Hi dee and welcome to the Mint forums. :D
dee.

Post by dee. »

xenopeek wrote:Welcome aboard :D And, well, you did raise our expectations a bit with you playing the "I'm from Linus' country" card :wink:
Thanks, and it's nice being from the homeland of Linux, but the weird (and sort of shameful) thing is, there are no Finnish Linux distributions, at all... I kind of wonder why that is, because someone could easily market it as a "domestic brand OS", appeal to patriotism and all that, you know - don't buy those foreign MS/Apple products but support our homeland, that kind of thing... but this is getting kind of off topic.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes everyone.
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen: Good day,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forum.
Hope you enjoy Mint :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”