SOLVED Can't start programme installed from Trinity repo

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fraxinus_63

SOLVED Can't start programme installed from Trinity repo

Post by fraxinus_63 »

I am running LM13 MATE 32-bit and it is great. However, I am very keen to run an old KDE3 app (Quanta Plus) which is no longer available in the Ubuntu Precise repos.

My aim has been to add this app and its dependencies using the Trinity Desktop Environment repos - indeed, I am sure I have seen posts on the forum saying that this is possible.

So, I have added the Trinity repos and signing key using the instructions for Precise at http://www.trinitydesktop.org/wiki/bin/ ... stallation

I reloaded Synaptic - and Quanta-trinity appears! I mark it for installation, and all seems to go well.

But how do I launch it? It doesn't appear in the menu. I have looked for it in usr/bin but cannot see it. I have attempted to launch it from the terminal using a variety of likely commands, but nothing happens.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks in anticipation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fraxinus_63

Re: cannot launch a programme installed from Trinity reposit

Post by fraxinus_63 »

Sorry to bump this topic. Does anyone know how I can resolve this, or troubleshoot it further?
fraxinus_63

Re: SOLVED Can't start programme installed from Trinity repo

Post by fraxinus_63 »

Solved this, with the help of the Linux Format forum.

It seems that Trinity installs programmes in /opt. I created a launcher for /opt/trinity/bin/quanta - and I can launch Quanta Plus. I am delighted.

Return to “Software & Applications”