1. Went ahead and tried to continue adding the printer through "Administration>Printing>Add new"
2. Entire process seemed to freeze after installing the device drivers (downloaded from manufacturer and installed prior to adding the printer)
3. Tried the alternate approach and finally manage to install the network printer and successfully printed a test page.
- Opened locahost:631 on my browser
- Selected "Adding Printers and Classes" under CUPS for Administrators
- Clicked "Add Printer"
- Selected "Windows Printer via SAMBA" then continue
- Typed the following in the blank space provided smb://WORKGROUP/Name
of computer sharing the printer/printer name (copied the name of the printer as shown when I used the other method)
- Continue to install driver (chosen from database list)
- Set default settings
- Print test page
I figured putting in the name of the computer sharing the printer instead of IP address would work since the system is able to search the network by computer name.
Well that's it, problem solved. You guys have been great help. Thank you very much for the assistance.