Printing not using default settings

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sdd

Printing not using default settings

Post by sdd »

I am using KDE on linux mint 12 (not the KDE RC). It is the 64bit version.

The printer defaults are set for text on plain paper - this is what it shows in CUPS and in KDE System Settings.

Everytime I print from a program (Firefox, Thunderbird, Libreoffice) it wants to print in Best Photo quality on Photo paper, unless I change the settings. If I do change them, it does not remember the change for the next print run, whether I restart the program or not.

How do I get the programs to use the default settings automatically?

Stephen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sdd

Re: Printing not using default settings

Post by sdd »

UPDATE

If I change the printer settingsd in Okular, they will stick when I go to Libreoffice or Firefox, but if I change the settings in Libreoffice, they do not stick at all (though they work for that print run).

Nevertheless, none of the programs are picking up the defaults from CUPS.
fabio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fabio »

I have a similar problem with a Kyocera FS-1020D in Mint 9 LTS Isadora. Sometime in the past (don't remember from what program) I set the printer to duplex printing and now I get it as standard option all the time when I print (unless I change it expressly for every printing job in the "page setup" options), although in Control center > Printing > KyoceraLaser > Printer Options I read "Duplexing: None", which I assume to be the CUPS default.
Any idea how I could revert to simplex printing as default for print jobs ?
prativasic

Post by prativasic »

I faced the similar problem, running LM12x64 KDE here. Can't change the settings from Portrait to Landscape in Okular. In fact I was having some other issues as well. Finally I updated to KDE 4.8 with ubuntu backport and now most of the issues are gone- including this printing issue.
lambda165

Post by lambda165 »

NOT fixed. Mint 14 kde WILL NOT print duplex at all.

Return to “Software & Applications”