Triple boot Windows 7/Mint 14/Bodhi question

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DropTop

Triple boot Windows 7/Mint 14/Bodhi question

Post by DropTop »

Hey guys thanks in advance for any responses.

Recently i started tinkering with linux again and ended up installing Mint 14 via mint for win.I am really comfortable with the windows boot manager.After watching some vids about the stable E17 i would like to give a shot and decided to install Bodhi . My question is if there is a way for Bodhi to appear on Grub after the Windows OS chooser, just like the linux mint 14 advanced options do.I don't want grub to be my main OS boot up screen.

Thx!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Triple boot Windows 7/Mint 14/Bodhi question

Post by grimdestripador »

Say for example.

You install windows.
Then you install linux mint. With Linux mint's boot manager (called grub). You can choose Linux Mint or Windows.
Then you install bodhi linux. Bodhi will also install grub, and it should auto detect windows as well. You can now choose Bodhi, Linux Mint, or Windows. Bodhi will be default.

If in the above example, you want WINDOWS to be default. Set

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
somewhere in that file you will see...
default 0
perhaps you should change this number to 1 or 2, i've heard sometimes 4 or 5. You really need to look at the order of the boot options at boot.

Return to “Installation & Boot”