How do I install only the visualizer in Banshee? (SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DeRaza360

How do I install only the visualizer in Banshee? (SOLVED)

Post by DeRaza360 »

Since I've switched to Banshee, the only thing missing was the visualizer, which left me a bit disappointed. After some searching though, I found a way to get a visualizer, and that's by installing the community plugins. I used the terminal for this, and at some point added a repository.

Anyway, after I upgraded my OS to Nadia, I repeated the steps, but this time I noticed that Banshee would go silent and inactive for short periods of time for no reason, and my update manager was failing to collect any updates.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Banshee, but that didn't fix it. Eventually I reinstalled the whole OS and that seemed to fix it.

I looked up 'banshee' in the software manager, and found out I can install the community extension from there. I can also install the community extension individually, if I wanted to, though for an odd reason the visualizer extension cannot be installed individually.

What I would like to know if there is a way to install just the visualizer, I really didn't use any of the other community extensions, so I needn't install them. If not individually, would installing all the community extensions bring up the same problem? Has anyone else experienced that bug?

Edit: I found the individual package for the visualizer. It had the title 'open-vp', which is why I missed it the first time. Installed it and it worked fine. Turns out the bug only was in Linux Mint Nadia MATE Edition, not Xfce.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DeRaza360

Re: How do I install only the visualizer in Banshee?

Post by DeRaza360 »

Le bumpé.
DeRaza360

Post by DeRaza360 »

Bump.
DeRaza360

Post by DeRaza360 »

I wonder how high the bump limit is?
SteveWilson

Re: How do I install only the visualizer in Banshee? (SOLVED

Post by SteveWilson »

What does "bump" mean?

Return to “Software & Applications”