Installation changes system time

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iqu

Installation changes system time

Post by iqu »

The Installations from mint 10 onward changes system time to a wrong value even when the geographic region is correctly selected . why cant the installer set the correct time?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Installation changes system time

Post by DrHu »

Used to be a problem for older versions, but simply reset the correct time on the terminal and will be OK
--minor issue, doesn't really affect any operation, if you never had to alter the time to correct value

That must be the eternal WHY!
--zen riddle maybe..
iqu

Post by iqu »

"minor issue, doesn't really affect any operation, if you never had to alter the time to correct value" ??? Do you know what could happen if time change is not detected ?
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

My battery is weak on my Bios but I have setup time on my setup to update from the Internet and had no troubles since. If you have a firewall you will need to allow port 123 to allow the time correction. :D
iqu

Post by iqu »

Jokes aside, don't you guys think an Os installation which changes system time to a wrong value should be urgently corrected???

Return to “Installation & Boot”