Error while launching Eclipse

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dotjoy

Error while launching Eclipse

Post by dotjoy »

Ok guys, I have a question, obviously right? Anyway, Im following an installation guide to install the android SDK package to dev android app's and I ran into this problem after installing eclipse via the Synaptic Package Manager. Here is a list the error I get after launching

Code: Select all

JVM terminated. Exit code=13
/usr/bin/java
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=/usr/share/eclipse/dropins
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-jar /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86_64
-showsplash
-launcher /usr/lib/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
--launcher.library /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.100.dist/eclipse_1408.so
-startup /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist.jar
--launcher.overrideVmargs
-exitdata 3d0006
-vm /usr/bin/java
-vmargs
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=/usr/share/eclipse/dropins
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-jar /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist.jar 

Ive followed the steps from http://makegadgetswork.blogspot.com/201 ... droid.html

Im currently on step Step 4: Install ADT Plug-in for Eclipse. Up to this point everything has been fine and worked perfect until I launch eclipse. Not sure if maybe its a dependence issue or an issue with the version Mint Im running. If you need further information just let me know and Ill get it posted ASAP. I really appreciate the help everyone!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Error while launching Eclipse

Post by grimdestripador »

Ohh java programming. It seems java is low on ram.
did you see the launch parameters.
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
The starting java ram size is 40 megs, with a max size of 384 and a max perm size of 256?. Perhaps you should increase these numbers. Eclipse is a hog.

Also I've seem issues in development relating to running 32bit and 64bit mixed environments. This topic came op on another site matching search for 'JVM terminated. Exit code=13 eclipse'
I had the same error when configuring eclipse.ini to use JRE6. Turns out I caused this error by incorrectly configuring eclipse to use the 64 bit JVM while running a 32 bit version of eclipse 3.7.

Make sure that the JVM version (32/64 bit) you use matches the eclipse version (32/64 bit).
dotjoy

Post by dotjoy »

Ah I see! Yea I figured out the issue with the mixed bit rates, found that on another thread. Ill get the ram issue goin and see where I sit! Thanks for the reply!
sokolov
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sokolov »

I've run into the same issue. How did you solve the problem?

Return to “Software & Applications”