Enjoying my PC again!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Spinnekop

Enjoying my PC again!

Post by Spinnekop »

I am a very recent convert from Vista (still on another partition justincase :)) and am loving Mint 14 Cinnamon. Am using Cairo Dock and have had lots of fun trying out different workspace arrangements and learning that almost everything I could do in MS I can do in Linux faster and for free. The last straw was when Windows 8 said it wouldn't install on my PC and I would have to replace most of my apps. So far, no regrets. Used to work as programmer on a UNIX based system many years ago so the CLI is familiar, rusty as I am.

Greeting to you all

Paul (Spinnekop)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Enjoying my PC again!

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Paul, welcome to Linux Mint :D
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

Spinnekop wrote:I am a very recent convert from Vista (still on another partition justincase :)) and am loving Mint 14 Cinnamon. Am using Cairo Dock and have had lots of fun trying out different workspace arrangements and learning that almost everything I could do in MS I can do in Linux faster and for free. The last straw was when Windows 8 said it wouldn't install on my PC and I would have to replace most of my apps. So far, no regrets. Used to work as programmer on a UNIX based system many years ago so the CLI is familiar, rusty as I am.

Greeting to you all

Paul (Spinnekop)
You from SA ?
Spinnekop

Post by Spinnekop »

raymerjacque wrote:
You from SA ?
Was from Joburg. Now in UK. Hoeziet boet! 8) 8)
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen: Good day,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forum.
Hope you enjoy Mint :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”