SME Storage made easy

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Spinnekop

SME Storage made easy

Post by Spinnekop »

Has any one had any experience of using Storage Made Easy?
I was an 'early adopter' of skydrive and got 25Gb free storage.
Now I am on Linux and there is no skydrive client :(
SME allows sync with multiple cloud storage clients.
Just wondered if there were any opinions on it.
Currently using Ubuntu1 meanwhile but would like my skydrive space!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Netify

Re: SME Storage made easy

Post by Netify »

Been using it with Ubuntu and on my Android phone. Worked fine for me. There are two SkyDrive connectors. The one marked SkyDrive API is the one I use and it worked fine although the sync is a little complex to setup, once done it has been running fine for me.
Spinnekop

Re: SME Storage made easy

Post by Spinnekop »

Netify wrote:Been using it with Ubuntu and on my Android phone. Worked fine for me. There are two SkyDrive connectors. The one marked SkyDrive API is the one I use and it worked fine although the sync is a little complex to setup, once done it has been running fine for me.
Hi Netify
Thanks for your reply. I fiddled around with it but found the sync to be a problem - the live update of skydrive/googledrive/ubuntuone works better for me.
I am keeping my skydrive stuff on there and backing up new stuff to ubuntuone. Hoperfully there will be a skydrive client for linux one day although I'm not holding my breath!

Best

Paul

Return to “Beginner Questions”