Razor QT question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nomko

Razor QT question

Post by nomko »

I'm running Mint14 MATE in VirtualBox. I've installed Razor QT just to see how this DE is running. After installing Razor, i rebooted VB. After selecting Razor QT at the login screen and logging in i get to see the first image (lower image). A message asking me to select a Window Manager. When i click the line in the whit box and then Ok i get image 2 (upper image).

I'm not sure what to select here. Is it normal that Razor wants me to select a Window Manager? And which Window Manager should it be?? Any help here would be very much appreciated!

Ps. since i'm running Mint in the Dutch language, non-Dutch spoken people have to translate the text. My apologies!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Razor QT question

Post by xenopeek »

A search for "razor-qt window manager" turns up this: https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/wi ... w-Managers. It has no window manager of it's own, but Openbox is "The Official WM of Razor-qt". Though you can choose another as listed there. So you probably have to install the package openbox first.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

A few months ago we had some fun building and trying out Razor-Qt in LMDE with various window managers, including Openbox and KWin. Maybe you'll want to have a look at this thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=114802 (there are some screenshots inside showing how Razor-Qt looks with different WMs)
nomko

Post by nomko »

I'll try OpenBox then. Good thing that i do it under VirtualBox. Nice way to fiddle around with Mint.

Return to “Software & Applications”