No "Speaker" option in Connector pull-down field

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ldidioda

No "Speaker" option in Connector pull-down field

Post by ldidioda »

I am running Mint 14 with Cinnamon on an older HP TouchSmart (Model IQ816 I think). My only issue is that I cannot get the speakers to play sound. The sound settings panel has a pull down field for Connector but the only option available is Headphones. This setting works fine. If I plug in a set of headphones they work fine, but this is a kithcen PC used by many, and it would be much more convenient if sound were played by the built in speakers.

Can anyone help ?

Louie
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
asobczak
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No "Speaker" option in Connector pull-down field

Post by asobczak »

this may be a trick:
sound panel of system settings allows to you choose hardware. I got Polish version, but in my case it a middle panel. On the bottom of it you can choose device.
It take me a few days to figure out where to change it.....
System: Host: Kernel: 5.4.0-66-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Chraz Ritt

Re: No "Speaker" option in Connector pull-down field

Post by Chraz Ritt »

Have you tried running the OS's update? I had a problem where the setting for speakers on my 3 year old HP laptop disappeared from my sound interface too, but when I ran the update from the little icon in the right hand end of the taskbar the listing for that setting was restored.

Return to “Sound”