How to dock a terinal?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arron

How to dock a terinal?

Post by Arron »

Ok, i have seen all those cool screen shots of a docked terminal, the terminal that has no borders, and a part of the desktop.

How do i do this with mint xfce, and how do i have it on startup? How do I get the cool looking color logs as well in them?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: How to dock a terinal?

Post by proxima_centauri »

Here is instructions for Gusty http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-create- ... sktop.html, may be of help.

Personally i use a program called "Tilda", it's in repositories, at least for main edition. It's completely transparent and it slides down the screen for use like using the tilda key in the quake games and what not, hence the name "Tilda". It's more practical since I can drop it down and type in it rather than having a background terminal that I still have to navigate to. You can change all the colors of background text, level of transparency, etc. I love it, would be lost without it :D
Cheers.

Return to “Beginner Questions”