Error while launching Eclipse

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Error while launching Eclipse

Postby dotjoy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Ok guys, I have a question, obviously right? Anyway, Im following an installation guide to install the android SDK package to dev android app's and I ran into this problem after installing eclipse via the Synaptic Package Manager. Here is a list the error I get after launching

Code: Select all
JVM terminated. Exit code=13
/usr/bin/java
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=/usr/share/eclipse/dropins
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-jar /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86_64
-showsplash
-launcher /usr/lib/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
--launcher.library /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.100.dist/eclipse_1408.so
-startup /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist.jar
--launcher.overrideVmargs
-exitdata 3d0006
-vm /usr/bin/java
-vmargs
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=/usr/share/eclipse/dropins
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-jar /usr/lib/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist.jar

Ive followed the steps from http://makegadgetswork.blogspot.com/2012/10/prepare-linux-mint-13-for-android.html

Im currently on step Step 4: Install ADT Plug-in for Eclipse. Up to this point everything has been fine and worked perfect until I launch eclipse. Not sure if maybe its a dependence issue or an issue with the version Mint Im running. If you need further information just let me know and Ill get it posted ASAP. I really appreciate the help everyone!
dotjoy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Error while launching Eclipse

Postby grimdestripador on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 am

Ohh java programming. It seems java is low on ram.
did you see the launch parameters.
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m

The starting java ram size is 40 megs, with a max size of 384 and a max perm size of 256?. Perhaps you should increase these numbers. Eclipse is a hog.

Also I've seem issues in development relating to running 32bit and 64bit mixed environments. This topic came op on another site matching search for 'JVM terminated. Exit code=13 eclipse'
I had the same error when configuring eclipse.ini to use JRE6. Turns out I caused this error by incorrectly configuring eclipse to use the 64 bit JVM while running a 32 bit version of eclipse 3.7.

Make sure that the JVM version (32/64 bit) you use matches the eclipse version (32/64 bit).
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Postby dotjoy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Ah I see! Yea I figured out the issue with the mixed bit rates, found that on another thread. Ill get the ram issue goin and see where I sit! Thanks for the reply!
dotjoy
Level 1
Level 1

Postby sokolov on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:21 pm

I've run into the same issue. How did you solve the problem?
sokolov
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications