Uninstallation & EasyBCD Issue [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlexF92

Uninstallation & EasyBCD Issue [SOLVED]

Post by AlexF92 »

Hello. I have finished trying out Linux Mint, and want to uninstall it temporarily; I looked up how to do this, to avoid issues with not being able to boot back into my computer from having removed the partition it's installed on. I found a form from a person with a similar situation, and a poster said download EasyBCD, run it, and "write the MBR for Windows 7" - which is what I'm multibooting with. I wrote the MBR, and restarted, and upon restart, I wasn't brought to the list of which OS to choose. Formerly, it was Linux Mint, Linux Mint safemode, etc. and at the bottom was Windows 7. Though now, upon restart, I just boot right into Windows.

Any and all help as to how I can boot back into Linux Mint will be MUCH appreciated, as I need to get some files off of LM before I can get rid of that partition.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Uninstallation & EasyBCD Issue

Post by wayne128 »

Run EasyBCD, add an entry of Grub2, it should give you boot menu for Linux OS.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

by using EasyBCD in that way, you did 'temporarily uninstall Mint'

you'll need to run it again, - to place Mint back into the boot menu.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
AlexF92

Post by AlexF92 »

Thank you both for the help!

I absolutely love Linux Mint, and will be adding it to another computer, just not this one. Am going to see how SnowLinux works out for me. Thank you again.

Return to “Installation & Boot”