how to install a all in one printer

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

how to install a all in one printer

Postby darkpurplelilacs on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:42 am

Hi I am new to linux mint.
I have a dell all in one printer. A dell photo 926. Could anyone tell me how to install my printer to this program. I have a desktop dell inspiron 5315 computer which has been changed to linux mint. I am not very computer savy and really need help. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
darkpurplelilacs
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: how to install a all in one printer

Postby asobczak on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 am

google for 'linux dell photo 926 driver' or just check manufacturer tech support site
Intel® Sandybridge Desktop 64b Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz × 4 MEM 3,8 GiB
Kernel 3.10-2-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Distro Linux Mint Debian Edition
Distribution : Linux Mint Debian Edition
asobczak
Level 1
Level 1

Re: how to install a all in one printer

Postby casper956 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:32 am

This printer is also known as the lexmark X3650. on the lexmark support page you can download the driver
The Lexmark X3650 support page http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=productSelection&locale=NL&userlocale=NL_NL#1 has a driver in DEB and RPM in the Linux/Unix tab.
casper956
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions