SME Storage made easy

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

SME Storage made easy

Postby Spinnekop on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 am

Has any one had any experience of using Storage Made Easy?
I was an 'early adopter' of skydrive and got 25Gb free storage.
Now I am on Linux and there is no skydrive client :(
SME allows sync with multiple cloud storage clients.
Just wondered if there were any opinions on it.
Currently using Ubuntu1 meanwhile but would like my skydrive space!
Spinnekop
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: SME Storage made easy

Postby Netify on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am

Been using it with Ubuntu and on my Android phone. Worked fine for me. There are two SkyDrive connectors. The one marked SkyDrive API is the one I use and it worked fine although the sync is a little complex to setup, once done it has been running fine for me.
Netify
Level 1
Level 1

Re: SME Storage made easy

Postby Spinnekop on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 am

Netify wrote:Been using it with Ubuntu and on my Android phone. Worked fine for me. There are two SkyDrive connectors. The one marked SkyDrive API is the one I use and it worked fine although the sync is a little complex to setup, once done it has been running fine for me.

Hi Netify
Thanks for your reply. I fiddled around with it but found the sync to be a problem - the live update of skydrive/googledrive/ubuntuone works better for me.
I am keeping my skydrive stuff on there and backing up new stuff to ubuntuone. Hoperfully there will be a skydrive client for linux one day although I'm not holding my breath!

Best

Paul
Spinnekop
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions