SOLVED - Thunderbird HTML forwarding

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Betwixt
Level 2
Level 2

SOLVED - Thunderbird HTML forwarding

Post by Betwixt »

I have a problem with Thunderbird (currently version 17.0) on LM14 which was also apparent on LM13 in later days before I updated. When updating I transferred the Tbird profile folder so it is understandable it continued.

The problem is that when I try to forward an HTML composed email, such as a newsletter or advertisement, all the HTML is stripped out and just complex text is displayed. Edit>Preferences>Composition>Send Options>Text Format is set to sending both plain text and HTML as it always has been for all the years I have used Mint/Thunderbird.

I do have the OpenPGP encryption facility extension for occasional use but the problem developed some fair time after adding it. I am assured by other users of OpenPGP that it is not relevant to this forwarding problem. I am reluctant to remove OpenPGP just to verify that because I have forgotten the complex procedure to set it up after installing but, as I said, the problem developed later.

Terry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Thunderbird HTML forwarding

Post by viking777 »

Is it anything to do with this:
Auto-detect by recipient

To specify the content type for a recipient, create or edit the recipient's card in your address book. On the Contact page, in the Internet group, set: "Prefers to receive messages formatted as"
From here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mail_content_ ... by_default
Betwixt
Level 2
Level 2

SOLVED - Re: Thunderbird HTML forwarding

Post by Betwixt »

viking777 wrote:Is it anything to do with this:
Auto-detect by recipient

To specify the content type for a recipient, create or edit the recipient's card in your address book. On the Contact page, in the Internet group, set: "Prefers to receive messages formatted as"
From here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mail_content_ ... by_default
-----------------------------

Not directly but the reference led me to discover that even though I was just trying to forward an HTML document, I needed in the Thunderbird Settings>Composition & Addressing to have selected Compose messages in HTML format. Somehow I had overlooked that point.

So thank you for your prompt response.

Terry

Return to “Software & Applications”