Return from Suspend

Return from Suspend

Postby soccerz619 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 pm

I have MATE in 13, and cannot return from Suspend. Is there another option for that, or can anyone help with making this function as it should? Thanks!
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
soccerz619
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Return from Suspend

Postby bug67 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 pm

How are you trying to wake up from suspend? On what kind of machine? Reason I ask is, on my desktop, wiggling the mouse or pressing any key on the keyboard will not wake the machine up. On that particular machine, I have to push the power button. Press and release, no holding. On both my laptops, I just press one of the keys on the keyboard, usually the space bar. You probably tried all that already though but, sometime it bares mentioning the simple stuff first. Long time ago, maybe around Karmic Koala(?) I used to be able to just wiggle the mouse to wake things up. Not for awhile though.
Compaq Presario V3020US Linux Mint 13 (Maya)
CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.67 GHz
RAM: 2.0 GiB HDD: 320 GiB 7200 RPM
http://www.vegetablesandwich.com/
bug67
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Return from Suspend

Postby soccerz619 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks for the reply! I am using an old Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. I had a problem with it in 11, but the power key is the only thing that will "wake it up", even though it really only powers it back up. No keys or mouse movement will do the trick.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
soccerz619
Level 4
Level 4

Return to MATE