Return from Suspend

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
soccerz619

Return from Suspend

Post by soccerz619 »

I have MATE in 13, and cannot return from Suspend. Is there another option for that, or can anyone help with making this function as it should? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bug67
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Return from Suspend

Post by bug67 »

How are you trying to wake up from suspend? On what kind of machine? Reason I ask is, on my desktop, wiggling the mouse or pressing any key on the keyboard will not wake the machine up. On that particular machine, I have to push the power button. Press and release, no holding. On both my laptops, I just press one of the keys on the keyboard, usually the space bar. You probably tried all that already though but, sometime it bares mentioning the simple stuff first. Long time ago, maybe around Karmic Koala(?) I used to be able to just wiggle the mouse to wake things up. Not for awhile though.
Asus X550CA Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon
CPU: Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.80GHz x2
RAM: 12 GiB, SSD: 250 GiB
http://www.vegetablesandwich.com/
soccerz619

Re: Return from Suspend

Post by soccerz619 »

Thanks for the reply! I am using an old Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. I had a problem with it in 11, but the power key is the only thing that will "wake it up", even though it really only powers it back up. No keys or mouse movement will do the trick.

Return to “MATE”