(Solved) Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 or 14 KDE

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
goforit

(Solved) Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 or 14 KDE

Post by goforit »

Hi All,

Currently running mint 12 KDE on 2 desktops plus mint 14 KDE on a laptop. An Epson R220 is connected to one of the mint desktops.

I need to replace my 8 year old Epson R220. Have been looking through the hardware database and can't find anything 'perfect' from the epson wireless all in one printer/scanner range. A combination printer such as the epson XP405 would suit but,,,, I'd like to know if anyone has one working well on wireless. If not, does anyone have a similar printer running on Mint that they can recommend? Also, thought about a budget Dell color laser printer to use for speedy text and report printing. Your views on suitability with mint will be welcome. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 or 14 KDE

Post by nomko »

Choose a HP printer. HP works out-of-the-box and has a very good Linux support.
zcmint

Re: Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 or 14 KDE

Post by zcmint »

I was given a Canon MX882 printer/copier/scanner for Christmas '11 and while it works great w/ Windows, not so much with Linux. Canon refuses to release its drivers source into the wild (or develop their own drivers for linux) and as a result there is ALMOST nothing you can do. Enter Turbo Print ( http://www.turboprint.info/ ). I can now use my Canon with Linux although I still can't use the scanner (I just work around it and scan in windows then copy over to /home). Turbo print is a little pricey but well worth it if you have to have quality output from an otherwise defunct printer. Tons of drivers for just about any make/model printer out there including Epson. It has a free trial period so you've got nothing to lose.

Z
goforit

(solved) Re: Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 or 14

Post by goforit »

Thanks peeps. I've gone for an HP due to their extensive linux support. Fot any newbies interested, check out this link which provides info on extent of linux compatibility of their printers. Truly amazing!
nomko

Re: (solved) Re: Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 o

Post by nomko »

goforit wrote:Thanks peeps. I've gone for an HP due to their extensive linux support. Fot any newbies interested, check out this link which provides info on extent of linux compatibility of their printers. Truly amazing!
Which link?
goforit

Re: (solved) Re: Recommended Wireless Printers for Mint 12 o

Post by goforit »

nomko wrote:
goforit wrote:Thanks peeps. I've gone for an HP due to their extensive linux support. Fot any newbies interested, check out this link which provides info on extent of linux compatibility of their printers. Truly amazing!
Which link?
Apologies, I've just noticed the omission which is important for anyone looking for help on HP

Here's the link http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/recommended.html

Return to “Beginner Questions”