LinuxMint Community Registration - fail

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johninreno

LinuxMint Community Registration - fail

Post by johninreno »

Since I can post this topic, obviously I succeeded in registering for the forums. I tried to join the community section first and never got a confirmation email. Tried again with a different email and still no joy.

I am not sure I understand why community.linuxmint.com would have a different registration/login than forums.linuxmint.com.

Thanks,
johninreno
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LinuxMint Community Registration - fail

Post by xenopeek »

Sorry to read of your problems on the Community site. I've sent you a PM with some more information.
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

I have same problem, been waiting 2 days now for my registration email confirmation :(

username is "raymerjacque". can someone manualy activate my account pls ?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, sorry to read of your problems also. If your account isn't activated, it is deleted after 48 hours. I could already not find your account, so I think that is the case. Please try registering again, and PM me with the username and email address you registered with. I'll pick up the activation email that will have been sent, and PM you the activation link.

Email providers/programs are for some reason much more likely to block the activation email from the Community site. The Community site unfortunately doesn't have much more functionality for us to help you with this. I'd recommend you look at your email provider/program and see if you can whitelist email addresses to never be blocked or marked as spam (check your spam folder also!). Whitelist root@linuxmint.com and no-reply@linuxmint.com.

Update: there have been some problems with the Community site outgoing email, preventing some email from being sent. I think that is the case for the both of you. Please wait a full 48 hours from when you first registered the account and then try to create it anew. Within 10 minutes you should receive the activation email. If you continue to have problems, please PM me with your registered username and email address and I'll try to find your activation email in the outbox.
math2013math

Post by math2013math »

HELP PLEASE!!!

SAME PROB!!!

MY NICK= math2013math

THANKS
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I've sent you a PM with some details. The Community site email problems were solved earlier this week, and all backlog has been processed. If you registered on the Community site in the past 24 hours, it should not have any problems. Your email provider may still put activation emails in a spam folder, so check there also.

Return to “Other topics”