Disturbing Netflix problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kimmaria

Disturbing Netflix problem

Post by kimmaria »

That browser statusbar, down in the left corner, is up running all the time while watching a movie on Netflix (As seen in the picture, attached in this post).

I have figured out how to disable that statusbar with the "normal" webbrowser Firefox. But this Netflix-app is using Firefox through Wine in somehow, so its not the same version/program.

Netflix is installed on my LM 13 Mate, with this installation: http://www.iheartubuntu.com/2012/11/ppa ... p-app.html

How to fix this? Anyone else got this problem?

Thanks, Kim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Disturbing Netflix problem

Post by proxima_centauri »

How did you disable it in 'normal firefox'? You can exit full screen with F11 and then use Ctrl+V to bring up the firefox menu in netflix.
kimmaria

Post by kimmaria »

F11 works. Ctrl+V do not, nothing happens.

I installed an Add-on called "Stylish" and then added an new CSS-rule. Read an guide on the Firefox-forum.
kimmaria

Post by kimmaria »

Problem "Solved".

Pressing F11 gets me an ordinary Mate-window with linux on it (not firefox). Then i press on Play on a movie, and on the Netflix video bar that appears when you start a movie on Netflix (where you can find Play, Stop, Pause etc) i press on the button that makes full screen. And voila, both the white market on the left side + the notification-status-bar disappeared.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

I meant Alt+V, glad you found a workaround with the fullscreen.

Return to “Software & Applications”