Valve Steam Games on Linux Mint!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rudemeister

Valve Steam Games on Linux Mint!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Post by Rudemeister »

Valve Corporation is one of the largest developers of video games for PCs, Macs and gaming consoles. They have recently been porting many of their games to Linux. I have some of their games running on my laptop and desktop using Linux Mint 14 KDE 64 bit. They have released a small form factor PC which they refer to as the Piston. It will be the equivalent to a game console like the Sony PS3, but yet is a tiny general purpose computer running Linux. If a game runs on the Piston, it is likely to run on your home PC running Linux also. I have a 5 year old HP nx9420 laptop with a dualcore 2.16 GHz Intel processor, an Nvidia graphics GPU equivalent to a GT 7900 chip and 4GB of ram memory. It runs Steam just fine. I was playing Dark Decent all weekend on Linux Mint and my laptop. If it can play Steam Linux games well, the Piston should have no problems. Here is some information they released on the Piston at the CES tradeshow in Las Vegas.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3849284 ... am-box-xi3

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Valve Steam Games on Linux Mint!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Post by xenopeek »

So far Steam on Linux is mostly offering titles that were available earlier at Desura and Humble Indie Bundle, but it is promising and I may have to go ahead and install it soon. Good to read it's working fine on KDE also, as that is a bit different from Unity (Gnome based).

The Steam box looks promising also :D
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

I was playing Dark Descent all weekend on my laptop at home. It played really good! I'm going to have to get my desktop setup with steam now too.
dogsolitude_uk

Post by dogsolitude_uk »

Amnesia's awesome, but (and this may sound a little sad!) I can't deal with it for too long, so I've been playing it in chunks... :lol:

Return to “Gaming”