Just installed Mint 13 KDE and WOW! Speechless

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dotjoy

Just installed Mint 13 KDE and WOW! Speechless

Post by dotjoy »

Just made the switch from Cinnamon 13 to KDE 13 and WOW! I should have given KDE another run long ago. SO fluid and smooth. Its like it reads my mind. Props to the MInt community for yet another AMAZING distro. Speechless! Great job guys!

Yes pointless but I had to share!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Just installed Mint 13 KDE and WOW! Speechless

Post by caf4926 »

It is fantastic isn't it
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep like backed up my Mint 14 Cinnamon and Installed Mint 14 KDE last night.
No fancy theming and tweaking and such yet. As a lot to learn.

Desktop Jan. 29th Linux Mint KDE Distro Dual Displays by Orbmiser, on Flickr

And was pretty much overwhelmed as always hated last time I checked it out like 2007.
Still a bit overwhelming with all you can tweak smorgasboard of settings.

But the biggie I loved on my dual monitor setup is you can assign each app to remember Size & Position so will always open to where you want it to open. Have a Term & Dolphin open next to each other on 2nd monitor and Firefox on the 1st.

Think will stick with it till Cinnamon 15 at least. :P
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Yes, it can be a little overwhelming and there are so many options to learn about. But, I would much rather have them there than not. I will NOT switch desktops unless something beyond KDE is magically developed. Not likely. Just the simple stuff like changing desktop and mouse themes, decorations and colors has worked every single time for me, if done from system settings. Experiment a bit on how you can configure some of the parameters in 'all' desktop effects. Just don't turn the wobbly windows sliders up to max. I got a quivering vibrating settings window that I couldn't even click on to close. Had to reboot.
Off Topic:
Hi Orbmiser. Love that photography on your flickr page. I used to carry my Pentax 35mm film camera everywhere. Loved getting that special shot of a spider web with an early morning sunrise in the background and rainbow effect in the dew drops.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep glad KDE is working out for you. And yep also like capturing Insects,Spiders & Webs in any Light :P

Itsy Bitsy Spider Reaching for the Light! by Orbmiser, on Flickr

Spider Comes Out to Play by Orbmiser, on Flickr

Spider Hangin in the Yellow by Orbmiser, on Flickr

Yep Dragonflies,Butterflies Insects are fascinating to me.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

:D welkome to the sweet world

Return to “Software & Applications”