[Solved] How to make the calculator larger

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ebere
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved] How to make the calculator larger

Post by Ebere »

The older I get, the more visually challenged I get. (Diabetes as well.)

I don't want to make everything larger.

But how can I make just the calculator larger ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him in return." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
Ebere
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How to make the calculator larger

Post by Ebere »

Ebere wrote:The older I get, the more visually challenged I get. (Diabetes as well.)

I don't want to make everything larger.

But how can I make just the calculator larger ?
Just installed mint 13.

Still looking for an answer to this question....

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him in return." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Well search the Software Center and search on Calculators and install some.
Bigger display is Speed Crunch it's in the software center.
Speedcrunch.png
Good Luck!
Ebere
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Ebere »

Orbmiser wrote:Well search the Software Center and search on Calculators and install some.
Good Luck!
Thank you for the suggestion.

Learned tonight: Searching in the software manager is nicer than just using synaptic package manager. I was using SPM, and had installed a couple different calculators with no large difference.

Looking in the software manager instead, I not only found other software, but there are PICTURES!!! :lol:

Ok, so I decided on "Galculator". There are ways to make the calculator larger sizes. Including, controling the size of the numbers, size of the buttons, etc. And once set, it opens up that size, every time.

Here is a pic after I set the calculator to basic function, then resized the calculator.
galc.jpg
My screen is 1280x1024. (I have resized the pic to 800x600, so that it works better with the forum view.)

Now I have a calculator that I can read, and which opens up that size every time I need it.

Only thing I miss is having all my numbers and characters in the output display. If you press plus, minus, times, etc... it blanks the output.

Orbmiser

Re: [Solved] How to make the calculator larger

Post by Orbmiser »

Well keep looking and installing others as can always go back and select uninstall.
Unless gcal works out for you that is.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [Solved] How to make the calculator larger

Post by palo »

Ebere wrote:Only thing I miss is having all my numbers and characters in the output display. If you press plus, minus, times, etc... it blanks the output.
The only workaround for that I found is to enable the formula display.Image

Pat

Return to “Software & Applications”