How to add "Computer" icon on XFCE [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jackhammer

How to add "Computer" icon on XFCE [SOLVED]

Post by jackhammer »

Hello community! I'm a new linux user migrating from windows, and I have a noobie question:
I tried installing two distros of mint - one with cinnamon, and other with xfce. I chose xfce, because it is much more lightweit, and this is way better for my old pc.
Cinnamon had a "Computer" desktop icon, and XFCE doesn't have one. It shows drives directly on a dektop.

Is there any way I can create such icon on XFCE?

By the way sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to add "Computer" icon on XFCE

Post by altair4 »

Right Click the desktop > Create Launcher :
Computer.png
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
jackhammer

Re: How to add "Computer" icon on XFCE [SOLVED]

Post by jackhammer »

That was fast. Thank you very much!
joseph_a

Post by joseph_a »

I am using Linux Mint 19.1 Xfce and this did not work for me. I don't have a "Places" on the menu from which to add it either. I'm stumped.
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

You don't see this menu after you right-click on the desktop?
Desktop-Right-Click.jpg

Return to “Beginner Questions”