Strange pidgin issue (Cinnamon VS KDE)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zalbor

Strange pidgin issue (Cinnamon VS KDE)

Post by Zalbor »

On my computer, I used to use Mint 13 KDE. Then I switched to Mint 14 Cinnamon, and now to Mint 14 KDE.
I use pidgin with 3 accounts: One is Facebook chat (XMPP), the second is Google Talk (XMPP) and the third is WLM (pecan).
In both versions of Mint with KDE, when I start pidgin at least one of the two XMPP accounts gets "stuck" and doesn't load. If I go to the list of accounts and disable then enable it again, it connects in a moment like it should. This happens almost every time, and never with the WML account.
When I was using Cinnamon, it never happened!

It seems unlikely that this is just a coincidence but I'm baffled about what may be causing it. As far as I know neither libpurple or its plugins should act differently depending on the DE.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
machapungo

Re: Strange pidgin issue (Cinnamon VS KDE)

Post by machapungo »

I'm using Mint 14 Cinnamon and want to do some facebook chat. Is Pidgin the best choice? Does anything work? Does Mint need to add their own chat code?

Return to “Software & Applications”