USB Drive automounts after login

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gmakka

USB Drive automounts after login

Post by gmakka »

Hi Guys,

Installed linux mint 14 with mate the other day. Every time that i login, the connected USB drives automatically mount and a file browser pops up.

Whilist this is convient sometimes, 99% of the time, it's REALLY annoying :) Oh, and then when i logout and back in again, it then tells me that it can't mount the drive, because it's previously mounted else where

Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks
Grant
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: USB Drive automounts after login

Post by jungle_boy »

Try:

Menu>Control Center>File Management>Media tab

Uncheck "Browse media when inserted"

Close

Reboot
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
Trapper
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Trapper »

jungle_boy wrote:Try:

Close

Reboot
I think the OP may be more interested in preventing the auto mount of USB connected drives at login rather than the prevention of the file browser opening when the drive's mounted.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Trapper wrote: I think the OP may be more interested in preventing the auto mount of USB connected drives at login rather than the prevention of the file browser opening when the drive's mounted.
I tested and it works fine...
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
mikkelbreiler
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mikkelbreiler »

jungle_boy wrote:Try:

Close

Reboot
I want to turn this feature off too My USB hard drive tower is reactivated from power off rather often, without anything doe by me and every time this happens a window appears on top of what I am oing so I can click it away.

I have Linux Mint Cinnamon installed and if I select "Menu", at the bottom left I do not see anything labelled "Control Center". Where do I find "Control Center", "File Mangement" and the "Media" tab ?

-Mikkel
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Apart that it (a line entry ref: usb device) may be in /etc/fstab, the static mounts for devices: the usual location for inserted media is /media, hence you are allowed to alter its operation per device in that location
The media TAB mentioned, or you can use a file manager, whichever one you have, Cairo, nautilus, thunar (should be in menu(s) or as an ICON on your desktop)), and then a right-click-->properties will get data you can manage/change..
http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20081 ... agers.html
http://www.maketecheasier.com/linux-fil ... 2010/04/29

Return to “MATE”