how to copy pc hdd to external hdd

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dialman

how to copy pc hdd to external hdd

Post by dialman »

I have decided to get rid of my tower pc and just run with my net book, lack of space dictates. I have an external hdd with ample capacity to take my files, pictures etc. My net book also runs mint11 and I want to be able to access all the files that I have on my pc. I run a small business and do my books on the pc but will have to start using the net book but do not want to loose my accounts.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: how to copy pc hdd to external hdd

Post by wayne128 »

You can use gparted, run from Live CD/DVD /USB, and copy the whole partition from internal hard disk and paste to the USB unallocated space.
dialman

Re: how to copy pc hdd to external hdd

Post by dialman »

thanks for your reply. I now realise that i just need to copy/paste my files from the pc to the ext. hdd and then copy paste the files from the ext hdd to my net book. Senior moment i think. :oops:

Return to “Beginner Questions”