Epson Stylus TX420 colors not aligned?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LionKing34

Epson Stylus TX420 colors not aligned?

Post by LionKing34 »

I'm not sure the best way to describe this so I've attached a photo. Sorry for the darkness.

Does somebody know how to fix this? I just added the printer through the "Printers" dialogue. It works fine when I print from Windows so it's not low on ink or anything. I've tried changing the color model to CMYK but it's still wrong.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
purplepenguin

Re: Epson Stylus TX420 colors not aligned?

Post by purplepenguin »

I am having the exact same issue, on LM 14 64bit. However, all is well on LM 13 64bit. I'm using the SX435w :?:
purplepenguin

Post by purplepenguin »

Hello, Me again.

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue. But I've just fixed it and thought I would post how.

As I said previously I use a SX435, but LM had assigned a driver for and recognised the device as a SX420. I spotted the error on the dodgy test page.

Code: Select all

Driver: STP00603.PPD
Driver Version: 5.2.9
Make and Model: Epson Stylus SX420 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9
Nothing was suggested under additional drivers. So I popped over to Avasys to get the latest driver. Incidentally, Avasys have handed over to Epson and kindly redirected me to their site. Where I downloaded the latest driver for my model and hey presto all is well.

The same information as above, but taken from a perfectly printed test page.

Code: Select all

Driver: EPSON.PPD
Driver Version: 1.0
Make and Model: Epson-Stylus SX430 Series - epson-inkjet-printer
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

this is very reassuring: you have an Epson printer; and you go to the Epson (linux) download site;

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX

and download the full feature ESC/P printer Driver that Epson recommend for your printer;

epson-inkjet-printer-nx420_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb or epson-inkjet-printer-nx420_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb

and it all works well; thanks for this; we must commend this to others;

........as the 420 has a scanner function, Epson provide the scanner drivers too, as you note
LionKing34

Post by LionKing34 »

Thanks for the replies! I'm not using Mint anymore, but I will definitely try this when I get my old laptop out again.
TorAndersen

Post by TorAndersen »

Here is the easy sollution. Unpack the .tar and install the .deb you need. http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2011/10/downl ... river.html
gastrof

Post by gastrof »

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I have exactly the same problem with the Epson Stylus NX420 and Mint 16 Cinnamon.

I did go to the Epson website and download the deb drivers for Linux, but the results weren't too good. Still mis-aligned. Only black and white printing is useable.

Also, the deb drivers for the scanner were USELESS. Out of the two options given (one "the latest", and the other actually dated MORE RECENTLY than "the latest"), neither would install.

Someone here did suggest using "Simple Scan", but that wouldn't work. The computer couldn't see the scanner.

The only solution was to go wireless. Now, "Simple Scan" works, and that'll do, but I'm still stuck printing in black and white only.

Someone suggested the webpage that had drivers for many, many different printers. Only thing is, it seemed to be meant for Ubuntu users, not Mint 16 of any type.

Would those still work? (Provided they're different from what Epson is offering.)
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi gastrof;

you have Mint 16 but you don't say if 32bit or 64bit;

for the 420series, one would generally go here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 87ac792dcf

and download either epson-inkjet-printer-nx420_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb or epson-inkjet-printer-nx420_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb

that is what you did? what does
dpkg -l | grep epson-inkjet-printer
give if you copy and paste this command into a terminal please

(type
arch
in a terminal if you need to be sure ...)

__________________________________________________________________________________

for the scanner, one would generally go here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... acb85329f5

and install

1) SCAN DATA first: iscan-data_1.28.0-2_all.deb
2) iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_i386.deb or iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_amd64.deb and the network plugin is
3) iscan-network-nt_1.1.1-1_amd64.deb or iscan-network-nt_1.1.1-1_i386.deb

that was what you did?

what does
dpkg -l | grep iscan
give if copied into a terminal please?
CutRightSharpening

Post by CutRightSharpening »

I have Mint 17 and the NX420 and the colors do not aling and when I downloaded and attempted to install the suggested files, I got a message saying the packages were already installed with options to "REMOVE" or "RE-INSTALL".

Tried both ways and the colors still do not align.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

colors still do not align
what does this mean please?
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

stupid question but is the printer ok from another OS?
From the panel did you try to clean the heads?
Also I think you can print directly from an sd or usb how does it look?
https://files.support.epson.com/htmldoc ... ml#1009047
CutRightSharpening

Yes. Stupid question.
Prints fine from XP both wireless and bu USB cable either from the computer or via Google Cloud Print but since it XP I don't connect it to the internet much anymore.

Prints fine from WIN7 by wireless and USB cable and Google Cloud Print. Won't print anything from Magiea 4 on the WIN7 machine.

Prints as good as Epson says it will print from my Samsung Galaxy GT-P6800 7.7 inch tablet phone.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

Well had to ask as you didn't off course post it previously. (my crystalball has a a day off)
Now we know the thing is working and can focus on the driver side .
Off course Epson doesn't provide support for linux :(
And you don't provide the OS (x32 x64) Mint 17 what mate cinnamon...and no it's not the windows world, you chose an OS so be kind enough to provide the info we ask for, help us to help you.
Someone seems to have a bad day....
CutRightSharpening

Dell E310 32 bit WIN XP/Linux Mint 17
The pages I downloaded drivers from sure looks like Epson pages.
http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 87ac792dcf
and I downloaded

epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.4.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb

When I tried to install it I got a message saying that the files were already installed and a menu to either "RE-INSTALL" or "REMOVE".

I id d re-intsall and no change.
I did remove and then installed and no change.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

try this

go to control center, printers and check the driver used :

found this on an older ubtuntu forum

"epson-inkjet-printer-nx420_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb

My notes tell me that these drivers don't work:

Stylus SX420W and Stylus TX420W,

and that the one that did work was called:

TX420 NX420

However, when I try installing this now, it says it's already installed that driver, and it won't let me choose a different printer type.

So some level of messing about may help here.

Aha! Go to printer properties, and change the make and model to Epson Stylus TX420W Series - epson-inkjet-printer 1.0.0-1lsb3.2 (Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)."
CutRightSharpening

PatH57 wrote:Hi,
try this go to control center, printers and check the driver used :

Aha! Go to printer properties, and change the make and model to Epson Stylus TX420W Series - epson-inkjet-printer 1.0.0-1lsb3.2 (Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)."
The Control Center doesn't offer any obvious way to find out what driver is being used.

Changing the Make and Model does seem to correct the misalignment, but it also only prints when connect by a USB cable.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

well as I said no linux support from Epson so we will be lucky to find anything that wors at all on newer linux distro.
Can't replicate your setup as I don't have an epson printer but had to try 5 different Lexmark type before I got my old Dell (lexmark rebranded to work on Mint 16)

Good luck
CutRightSharpening

PatH57 wrote:well as I said no linux support from Epson so we will be lucky to find anything that wors at all on newer linux distro.
Can't replicate your setup as I don't have an epson printer but had to try 5 different Lexmark type before I got my old Dell (lexmark rebranded to work on Mint 16)

Good luck
what settings did you use on lexmark since I have one of those also?
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

witch one? and remember I was on Mint 13 Mate 64 more then 2 years ago and swapped to a HP all in one because they support linux (usb and wifi work great)
Dell 942 all in one rebranded lexmark p6650 but I can't remember what I chose as a driverv(wasn't the default one for sure)
Google is your friend so search for a topic somewhere, I just decided to stick with manufacturers that support open source...
CutRightSharpening

PatH57 wrote:witch one? and remember I was on Mint 13 Mate 64 more then 2 years ago and swapped to a HP all in one because they support linux (usb and wifi work great)
Dell 942 all in one rebranded lexmark p6650 but I can't remember what I chose as a driverv(wasn't the default one for sure)
Google is your friend so search for a topic somewhere, I just decided to stick with manufacturers that support open source...
I have the X1185 All-in-one. Google hasn't been much help yet, but I probably haven't ask the right question yet. But now Google is showing me all kinds of deals on new lexmark printers.

There are some topics on this forum but it doesn't appear that anyone has ever got a Lexmark to really work.

There are also some in the Magiea forums but again, not real solutions..

It is shame. The Lexmark has the best scanning and editing features of anything I have even used. Another reason I want to keep the old XP machine running. Scan it and edit it there and then post it or whatever from the Linux side.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”