Could someone help me install snes9x (GTK) emulator?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
8brian

Could someone help me install snes9x (GTK) emulator?

Post by 8brian »

Hello, happy holidays, everyone.

I'm trying to install the snes9x emulator on Mint 14 Cinnamon. I tried ZSNES, but I ended up having problems with it. When I enter fullscreen, and then exit, it changes the resolution on mint to something like 400x300; so small that most of the text to change the resolution back, and a large portion of all the menus are completely off the screen, so I have to restart the computer to get it back to normal. And from that point on, when I try to start ZNES the program just doesn't start / crashes immediately.

So, I prefer snes9x anyway. And I'd like to get a better handle on how to install programs using the terminal, also.

The package, which can be found at http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/, contains a file called snes9x-gtk, with no extension, and two directories - a docs folder, and a data folder, which contains a file called snes9x.desktop, which, when double-clicked, results in an error message saying it's untrusted.

The readme documents are saying to use the ./configure command, but I don't think that's working - and, after showing hidden files, I can't find a .configure file. I'm still pretty new with linux (probably obviously), and I'm a newb at installing things without help.

Hoping someone can teach me a bit and I'd love to get this program installed!

Happy holidays,

- Brian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
8brian

Re: Could someone help me install snes9x (GTK) emulator?

Post by 8brian »

please
CaptainPasty

Re: Could someone help me install snes9x (GTK) emulator?

Post by CaptainPasty »

Hi.

I ended up adding it from the repository here:

https://launchpad.net/~bearoso/+archive/ppa

Just remember to use the Natty version or you'll run into dependancy problems.

Hope it helps.

Return to “Software & Applications”