Link from applications menu to MS Office

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alan Reynolds

Link from applications menu to MS Office

Post by Alan Reynolds »

I have installed MS Office on the virtual C: drive created by Wine. The software is OK when the EXE files are activated, also there are icons on the apps menu for all the components of Office. However the links from icon to EXE files are not working. Winetricks did not work and continually displayed the prompt "insert office 12". This is an example of the command in launcher properties.

env WINEPREFIX="/home/alan/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/alan/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/alan/Start\ Menu/Programs/Microsoft\ Office/Microsoft\ Office\ Excel\ 2007.lnk

How can I make it work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Link from applications menu to MS Office

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

I have programs installed through wine my commands read:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/hamza21/.wine" wine C:\\Program\ Files\\Kreatives.org\\KRISTAL\ Audio\ Engine\\KRISTAL.exe

so maybe you need shorten the command to point to only exe.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
Alan Reynolds

Post by Alan Reynolds »

env WINEPREFIX="/home/alan/.wine" wine C:\\program\files\\microsoft\office\\office12\\excel.exe

I tried the above path but without a result.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

is MS Office located in .wine/drive_c/Program Files/?

also my file path is C:\\Program\ Files\ there's a space between the \ and Files. Moreover capitalization is important. Ensure you copy the file path exactly as it is written with spaces and capitalization.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “Software & Applications”