Jungle Disk

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lmbob

Jungle Disk

Post by lmbob »

I am running Linux Mint 14 - 64 bit, just installed Jungle Disk Desktop. After downloading and installing the program I cannot get the configuration tool to finish installing the program. I have found threads about making a symlink for Mint 12, but no info on Mint 14. Is anyone else running Jungle Disk with Mint 14 - 64 bit, and if so how did you get it to work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmbob

Re: Jungle Disk

Post by lmbob »

Something else- I contacted Jungle Disk and they told me there was no support for Linux Mint, that I should use Ubuntu 12.10 which has been tested. Why would Jungle Disk work with Ubuntu 12.10 and not Mint 14 since it is based on Ubuntu 12.10? Could it be the 64 bit platform causing the problem?
lmbob

JungleDisk

Post by lmbob »

I am running Linux Mint 14 - 64 bit, just installed JungleDisk Desktop. After downloading and installing the program I cannot get the configuration tool to finish installing the program. I have found threads about making a symlink for Mint 12, but no info on Mint 14. Is anyone else running Jungle Disk with Mint 14 - 64 bit, and if so how did you get it to work?
Also Jungledisk support told me that Linux Mint is not supported, that I should use Ubuntu 12.10 which has been tested. Since Ubuntu 12.10 is the base for Mint 14 what could be the problem? The symlinks that they told me to try do not work.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

please don't cross-post, topics merged
xian555

Post by xian555 »

Hi,
I'm a long term use of Jungle Disk work group and have just switched from Ubuntu 10.04 to Linux Mint 14.1 with Mate desktop, 32 bit version. Having similar problems. The Jungledisk driver seems to install properly, but when I try to run it the desktop jumps a bit vertically and nothing happens. I have two other computers, not yet migrated to Mint, one running Ubuntu 11.10 and another with Ubuntu 12.04, all Gnome desktop 32 bits, all working fine with Jungle Disk Workgroup. Hmmm . . . Hopefully this little bit of information may help someone nail down where the issue is coming from.

Cheers

xian (short for Christian :mrgreen: )
xian555

Post by xian555 »

Bingo ! [SOLVED] -> http://askubuntu.com/questions/84182/ju ... tify-error . . . solution in this thread has worked for me like a charm :!:
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

what you know? :D and the solution for 64bit at askubuntu comes from the mint forums 8) lmbob had the answer all the time here so close
akwala
Level 1
Level 1

Post by akwala »

Jungle Disk crashes with a segmentation fault in Mint 15. Any ideas?

(I added the symlink for libnotify immediately after installing JD.)
--aslamK

Return to “Software & Applications”