Unable to scan with HP Photosmart Premium

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wormtown

Re: Unable to scan with HP Photosmart Premium

Post by wormtown »

So this is interesting
Open a terminal and type:
$ sudo cp /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-hpaio* /usrlib/sane
and I have seen this solution before as a suggested solution on the hp launchpad bug reports, but if you look at a fresh install, there is no /usr/lib64, so I think this is a deprecated solution from before the move to a multiarch specification (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec)

And for future reference, I note in the syslog
Dec 24 08:49:38 4530s simple-scan: io/hpmud/jd.c 790: error mdns lookup HPC68655.local: bad hostname in reply from ip=192.168.1.122 port=5353
even though the device was on 192.168.1.104, which was what was reported by hplip (even added manually at that ip).
gijsh

Post by gijsh »

It works! However, there should be a slash ( '/') between usr and lib.
Thank you very much for the advice!
Junssi

Post by Junssi »

Hi all!

Switched just from Kubuntu to Linux Mint 16 (Petra) and noticed that Simple scan wasn't working - but the tip from above helped, i.e. installed HPLIP GUI and after a reboot it found my printer, HP Photosmart 2570.

Now if someone could find a solution to another printer problem: for some time ago I was able to print with my Canon LBP 660, but not anymore. The system finds my printer, no problem, finds even drivers, so far so good. But when trying to print, nuthin. No clear err msgs. Seems others have similar problems, too, so if someone here is able to tackle the problem I guess there were lots of happy ppl out there. :wink:

Otherways I'm more than satisfied with Linux, with this fresh Mint my old Thinkpad runs even faster than before.

Greetings,
Junssi,
Finland

Return to “Printers & Scanners”