Time to truly learn Linux.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SnowJersey
Level 1
Level 1

Time to truly learn Linux.

Post by SnowJersey »

Hello everyone. I've been tinkering with different Linux distros for a few years now using primarily Kubuntu, Xandros, and now Linux Mint. I'm comfortable enough with it that I've abandoned Windows, which is a great feeling when I continue to see all the problems that others have with it. I'm always being asked to help a Windows user with their issues... issues that Linux users just don't have to worry about.

At the same time there are a number of things that are Linux specific that I really ought to learn how to do so that I'm no longer just "getting by" but rather have a true understanding of Linux and of Mint in particular.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Using Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Time to truly learn Linux.

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome SnowJersey. You'll find Linux Mint a good place to start your journey toward Linux knowledge. The Mint Forums, as well as the Community site, are loaded with tips and tricks and mountains of information on solving issues. Since the various Mint versions are based on Ubuntu (with the exception of LMDE which is based on Debian Wheezy), the Ubuntu Forums can also provide you with useful information. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
meteorrock

Post by meteorrock »

Hi there :)

jesica