Issues with network proxy on Mint 14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
caselogic

Issues with network proxy on Mint 14

Post by caselogic »

I went to Network Proxy and I entered my proxy setings. If I then open a terminal and run env | grep proxy I see all the pertinent proxy information. From the same terminal, if I run wget google.com it grabs the page just fine.

However, if I try and run Firefox with "System configuration settings" selected under Network Proxies, then it won't load web pages. Additionally, the package manager is not able to access the servers. If I change Firefox and manually setup the proxies, pages load fine (and I'm using FF under Mint 14 to write this post).

It seems like the Network Proxies isn't setting up properly across the system. I tried running sudo apt-get from the aforementioned command line (with the confirmed environment variables), but that still doesn't work. My assumption is that the package manager is looking for something else for proxy setup, or something is just messed up altogether.

Thanks for your help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caselogic

Re: Issues with network proxy on Mint 14

Post by caselogic »

Anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately I can't do much without even access to the package manager!
xav_38

Re: Issues with network proxy on Mint 14

Post by xav_38 »

Please someone find a fix for this.

Proxy configuration does not apply, APT does not use the proxy configuration...

HELP !

Return to “Beginner Questions”