KDE SC 4.10 has been released today!
See what's new in KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.10: http://kde.org/announcements/4.10/plasma.php
For KDE 4.10 applications, see: http://kde.org/announcements/4.10/applications.php
A quick changes overview:
- Plasma Workspaces have been refined considerably. Work continues on updating widgets with new ones built with Qt Quick. This effort brings improvements in consistency, layout behavior, stability, ease of use and performance. It is also now easier to build widgets, entirely new Plasma Workspace layouts and other custom enhancements. A new QML-based screen locker makes Workspaces more secure. The wallpaper engine was also updated to QML, so it is easier to write animated wallpapers.
- With KWin's Get Hot New Stuff (GHNS) integration, additional effects and scripts are available in the KWin configuration dialog and can also be found at kde-look.org, including behavior modifying scripts.
- Faster and more reliable metadata engine
New Print Manager
- The KDE file manager Dolphin has seen many bugfixes, improvements and new features. Transferring files to and from a phone or other mobile device has become easier with support for MTP devices, which show up in the Places panel. The size of Panel icons can now be changed, and other usability and accessibility options have been added.
- Kate—KDE's Advanced Text Editor—received improvements in many areas. Thanks to an intensive KDE e.V.-sponsored coding sprint in October, Kate got an improved notification system, an optional 'minimap' as scrollbar, a new Project Management plugin, predefined color schemes, improvements to the scripting interface and much more.
- Konsole brings back print-screen and send signals functionality formerly present in KDE 3, as well as options to change line spacing and the requirement of CTRL key when drag'n'dropping text, new support for xterm's 1006 mouse extension and the ability to clear the command line before using bookmarks for some commands.
- Tiled Rendering Improves Okular Performance
- Gwenview Gets Activity Support
- Kontact Improves Performance
- Major Improvements in Gaming Apps
- Ktouch, KDE's touch typing tutor has been rewritten.