compatability problems (ios, win xp, vmware, mint)

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

compatability problems (ios, win xp, vmware, mint)

Postby --weezl-- on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 am

ok, so this laptop used to run windows, i bought an iphone, all was good, laptop crashed, os was gone, linux installed, iphone didn't get updated didn't get updated didn't get updated... so i installed vmware player, windows xp professional, itunes... itunes kinda worked, never properly, but, i was able to use a program called sharepod to get all of my music off of the phone long ago, so it was backed up, however i never transfered it from vmware player to the linux side, i've got a very small portion (5% or so) over but that's it, ALSO, i have a backup of my iphone that i did either this morning, or last night on it, right before my phone bricked it's self, which resulted in me doing a full restore, and losing everything. the most recent backup i had on icloud was december of 2011, so i am out a year and a half of phone numbers and text messages... (i did the full restore at a friend's house, and updated to the latest ios)

next problem, the virtual drive i had on my vmware player was 15gb, rather small, and i was using 14.8 of it, so it was packed, in the process of trying to increase the size, i deleted it (accidentally on purpose) and it is gone! however, the entire thing deleted in less than 2 seconds, just *POOF* gone... so i KNOW it's still on my computer somewhere, i just have to access it somehow. next, i tried to ask this question on the VMware forums, but there seems like there's a compatibility issue with their website with linux? i don't know, i log in but it doesn't show that i am logged in, and won't let me post new threads or replies... so i can't ask them exactly how to do it... i'm hoping someone on here knows enough about VMware to help me, OR possibly can figure out why i can't post on that website...

sorry for the long explanation, but felt it necessary to understand my position...

i did read a few ways to recover the virtual drive, as it's more or less a VERY large file on my linux HD, and bring it back into VMware where I can access it, but for some reason i can kinda see it, just enough i know it's there, but i can't get access into it
--weezl--
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics