Missing network icon in notification area (Mint 13 Maya)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mark1mint

Missing network icon in notification area (Mint 13 Maya)

Post by mark1mint »

Hi,after having some issues that made me steer away from Mint 12 in favor of Mint Debian,I've just installed Mint 13 Mate to give it a try,in a separate partition alongside Mint Debian:I'm trying now to set it up and see how it goes,however I've immediately had an hard time trying to set manually my network connection,not being used to the way this is handled in Mint 13,I've tampered with both Preferences-->Network Connections and Admnistration-->Network:as a result,the connection is now actually set the way I wanted,but for unknown reasons at the same time the icon in the notification area in the bottom panel is gone and I can't make it appear again,moving around or removing and then adding the applet again doesn't do the trick,that network icon is gone.
Any clues on what may have happened here? There should be a way to get it back,I hope :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mark1mint

Re: Missing network icon in notification area (Mint 13 Maya)

Post by mark1mint »

I've searched on the system for nm-applet,and found this file /etc/xdg/autostart/nm-applet.desktop,containing the line

Code: Select all

NoDisplay=false
so I've set it to true,but nothing has changed.
Furthermore,if launching nm-applet from a terminal,this is the output:

Code: Select all

I can't understand why it has been removed,any ideas on what may have happened?

Return to “Networking”