Icon spacing in Nemo

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
revolutio

Icon spacing in Nemo

Post by revolutio »

I've been playing around with Mint for a few days now and am loving it. The only issue I haven't been able to resolve is the spacing of icons in Nemo. Whenever I increase the size of the icons they move further apart from each other for no apparent reason. So my present options are to deal with thumbnails too small to see or only see a handful at a time.

Given how much delightful customization I've been able to do with the rest of Mint, it seems I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Icon spacing in Nemo

Post by jungle_boy »

This problem does not happen with xfce and kde.

You must resize the grid of icons, but now I can't remember what is the Nemo file for that.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
revolutio

Post by revolutio »

Well that is unfortunate. Should I just bail on this distribution or is there somewhere I could go to find out how to modify Nemo to make it display correctly?
d00med

Post by d00med »

Sounds like you might have enabled "Use compact layout" in Nemo's preferences. Only tried that once, in the Nautilus days, and I regretted it.
revolutio

Post by revolutio »

No, I'm definitely in 'Icon View.' Though 'Compact View' isn't much worse.

Return to “Beginner Questions”