having trouble getting my wifi-stick to work

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mamoamamoa

having trouble getting my wifi-stick to work

Post by mamoamamoa »

Hi everyone,

first time posting here and pretty much a Linux newbie so please go easy on me :D

I just installed Linux Mint and something must be wrong with my USB ports. I'm using the Belkin N150 Wireless Router and the N150 Micro Wireless USB Adapter. Now both of them are working just fine in combination with other computers around the house except for when I use the WLAN adapter on my desktop pc. The ability to connect to a wireless network is always given (sign of the adapter working just fine) but when trying to connect to my network I repeatedly get the "Wireless Network Authentification Required" prompt. Now I have triple checked that the password is correct but still can't get the connection to work. Removing the wireless adapter helped at some point but then I got internet for 10 mins maybe and it suddenly just stopped working again.

I'm thinking it could be a problem with the USB ports (I tried all 4 four of them) not powering properly, but then I don't see why they work fine with other devices like my mouse for example. So is there a way in Mint to check for faulty USB ports or maybe perform some troubleshooting on my wireless adapter with a software?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Mamoa
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
noobeep

Re: having trouble getting my wifi-stick to work

Post by noobeep »

Having this problem as well. Any help would be appreciated!

Return to “Networking”